Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Movie

Hey everyone...I titled this post A Movie cause my life is like a movie....Then next time it'll probably be music,or a rollercoaster or something like that.Think ya' got the hint of where I'm going with this.

I say a movie cause I mean how many of us sit and watch these movies where the hero/main character has great odds to over come and they do.Well this past months I felt like I could write one of those feel goood scripts off of my life.

Getting used to my sister being in Pennsylavania and my brother being gonne all year around due the Navy just as I get used to having my dad home all the time since hes retired from the milatary...Every time I turn around something new is popping up trying to dappen my joy and my happiness.I posted a blog on myspace (www.myspace.com/megzrenee17) and one of my friends made the comment they were so surprised when they read that cause I was always so cheerful.I don't think so but I guess I pull it off so well people usually take it for granet that I have any problems.Ha! I wish.I'm currently working on finishing up highschool and working on college classes.I have a variety of extra activities.Piano lessons,CYT,horse back riding etc.
Well people are trying to tell me I have my priorities all screwed up and what I am doing is unexceptable cause I will never use theatre forever and its a waste of my time.EXCUSE ME! I want to be a drama teacher at camps and stuff for troubled and underprivaleged kids.I want to go into physcology for my major and a minor in journalism and drama ministries.Use my writings/poetry and drama skills to help reach out to kids.I want to leave a mark on this world for the betterment of the world.....Yet people are trying to tell me that its useless and I DON'T need drama to do my Christian Conceling and stuff...As I said....EXCUSE ME!
I have a chance to get some great opportunities through my acting. It has taught me so much! Especially with my first lead in Snow White as 'Crone'.It taught me so much how to be a leader and how to be someone who is so busy wit htheir own role and lines yet knows how to watch out for everyone else.
Anm I wrong in feeling this way or is it all pride? What do you think? Care to share some thoughts?Love to here some! Feel free to comment!

We will see how this "movie" plays it self out as I audition for Suessical the Musical and the next semister of CYT comes up.Its SHOW TIME!

Sit back and watch it unfold...Here we go....Let the adventure begin....

Quote of the Week, "It's kinda fun to do the impossible."~Walt Disney

Always,
Meg Renee

3 comments:

Trudi Rose said...

Meg,

Don't let people tell you what is the right thing for you to do with your life. I believe that drama is very good for people. I remember in high school when my sister and I first started getting involved in drama my dad thought it was a waste of time. I haven't gone on in drama, but it has helped give me the confidence that I need to do the things that I feel God has called me to pursue.

Good luck figuring all this stuff out...if you ever need someone to talk to, I've been told I'm great listener!

~Trudi

Jason Hunt said...

Word to your mom, Megan! :-) I think it's amazing that you have such a passion for kids and for helping other people while you are still in high school! People are not, as a rule, all that creative. They spit at you the things they have been telling themselves for years because if they can convince YOU, then they have a better chance of convincing themselves. The truth is, the best part of working with kids is that you can use ANYTHING that drives you to help them. So if theater is your thing, PUT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE INTO IT! And laugh spitefully into the face of anyone who tells you you shouldn't.

whisper said...

I hate when parents say what they think is good for you, and exciting for you. You need to do what makes you happy not them. They don't what can last forever in other life.
I hope your plays go/ went well.