Monday, January 7, 2008

2007 wasn't that bad after all....

I've been doing alot of thinking lately..2007 wasn't that bad of a year after all but it did have it's down points....

EX: My sis moving and my brother moving away leaving me the last kid at home...In the state for that matter.....Chris is in North Carolina when not on ship and Rae in Pennsylvania....Doing my first lead and neither one of my siblings seeing it....Finding out my grandmother had a sever type of cancer...Not having a traditional thanksgiving or having the first Christmas ever with my grandparents and family....

But good side...I made lots of new friends in CYT....Haygoods came to Saint Joe and had a sold out show.(that was a blast..Came close to fan night.)...Got to go to Branson 4 times!....(Wow...Can't believe I got to go that many!)..Went to my first Haygoods Fan Night and met tons of cool people! ..Went to my first formal dance ever!...(I've been to formal dinners but never a dance.) Before the dance my sis and I went out to eat at one of the nicest resturants with a bunch of CYT friends and we rode to the resturant and then to the dance in a limo!It was a stretch Hummer limo! Can we say,"SWEET!!!!!"It wasa blast! 15(ish) CYT kids blaring musicals such as WICKED to and from the resturant singing away and having a great time enjoying being with friends. So when we showed up at the dance they had a red carpet out and we all felt like celeberties and there was 2 girls to every guy so the guys walked in with a girl on each arm....HA! Actors...What can you say? lol! I also went to my first CYT Camp which totally changed my life! Even though it's "acting camp" they always made time to praise and worship God and it was so beautiful...Nothing more powerful; then 70 some teens gathered together singing praise songs late at night,remembering what Christ did for us. It brought tears to my eyes...Rae cried..She said at the moment she was scared about leaving but had a total peace about it and knew everything was going to be ok when she left...I held her and hugged her letting her cry on my shoulder while we sang...Before too long,before I knew what had happened we were being surrounded by friends...All the close friends I had made the year before and the new ones I made at camp...They gathered around us praying.Just being there for us..Not knowing details and not caring what was wrong...

I was told numerous times during Snow White how much people admired my "cool,calm, and collected" attitude that I had about everything...That I was being so level headed about everything..Wanan know the truth...Inside I was shaking my lil pointy nose off....My first play without my sis and I cheering each other on...


So now when Suessical comes up I know I can make it through..I have my parents,the CYT adults who look out for me, my directors who are there for me, and my fellow cast members. It's my final year in Highschool and things are kinda wacky and stressful but I know I can make it through...I miss my siblings so much.I hate being an only child..My big brother who used to always be there for me and had way to much fun picking on me, and my best friend and sister who I would talk to anything about....

I know I have so much more to learn and God has so much more for me in 2008...I am going to welcome it with open arms and know every bit is a prepation for something else....

"Stress hasn't killed me yet...Neither has broken dreams, a broken heart, or smashed hopes....I'm still here..."

Always,
~Megan Renee'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Meg! You were a great thing that came out of my life! :)

Unknown said...

in 2007...is what I meant! :-)

annette07 said...

Meg I really loved meeting you and I think 2008 will probably be even better for you.