Friday, January 25, 2008

"Life Is Like A Paino...."


"......What You Get Out Of It Depends How You Play It."

"He Who Sings Prays Twice."

These are some of the sayings my piano teacher has hanging on her wall right above the piano. Every week I see these. Last night I had a wonderful piano lesson and felt so proud of myself for accomplishing different things I have been working on. Also I heard someone( I don't remember who say,"When I stand before the Lord in Heaven I want to hold out empty hands and say,'I have no talent left.I used it all for You.' " This is a good life philosophy. How many of us truly want to be able to say that and hear, "Well done good and faithful servant." Now that I am learning and advancing more quickly in piano I hope to be able to continue writing songs. (That is another thing I finished.My very first original song.Complete with lyrics and music.:-) ) So yeah. I have tons of poems I would love to put music to and perform them in church! That would be so neat.

Last time I performed in church was for my sisters graduation song and I did great for the rehearsal, even Pastor was impressed. Came time to play and totally screwed it. I can't watch the grad. tape with out groaning and wanting to kick myself.I just need to relax when playing for people. I can wail away on the piano at Sherry's house,(my Sunday school teacher who can no longer play cause of arthritis but she loves listening to me) and at home when I'm alone or just for my sis. Anyone else and it's ....Uhhhh...Not my best.*rollseyes* I guess its cause at Sherry's I usually play when everyone is up and talking and having fun.So all attention is 100% on me, and if they are listening it is just cause they thoroughly enjoy it. It's easy to play and show off for them. When Rae was home and I started making up stuff as I played at Sherri's, she called it, "Mad-genius-time. " haha! I just wish I could put that ease into recitals and playing for a crowd. Also when I was the Crone I had butterflies in my stomach when doing it,but it was a good thing. It was out of sheer enjoyment and excitement for performing. Although now that I've done that it'll help me with performing at piano recitals and such.

I guess this saying is sticking with me cause Rae will most likely stay in PA for the summer.That means missing my recital in April, missing Mulan,(my play in May) ,going to go see Wicked the Musical when it comes to KC in May, my Footloose performance for acting camp in August, and summer vacations to Branson. She will not miss my high school graduation.I know she refuses to. But that will be the only time I see her this summer. As much as I am thinking,"Grrrrr......" I know it is being selfish. She said if God wants her to stay in PA for the summer she will be invited to and it is looking promising that she will. That is a huge honor and accomplishment for her cause when she was home in Dec. she was thinking it was a no cause she was not being every thing they needed for a camp councilor for the summer horse camps up there. Well since she came back from break they have seen a huge difference in her, so I am proud of her! I really am! I was talking to my friend Sara last night on the phone about it and she said,"That is great for her!...but what about you...I know how hard it was on you when she first left.You were..Ummm....Shall we say...Ummm...Upset to say the least?" Sara stayed with me while mom and dad took Rae to PA since I stayed home due to school and Snow White. There was definitely days she found me in my room crying. So I am praying for myself and for Rae Jay as she makes the decision to stay. I know how badly she wants to be home but I know she would be blessed so much if she stayed and helped for the summer. Love you all and thanks for reading!

Always,
Meg Renee'

*pic above, me and my sis at a homeschool formal*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Megan! I have to say the life philosophy gave me goosebumps. It's perfect! :-)And, what I have learned while performing in front of large crowds is to just say a prayer b4 you head out, and really put out there what your heart has in it. If you get lost in the music, there will be no concern about who is watching. EVER. And, know that you can never mess up, because God already has it all planned out, and He'll use you the way He needs to, no matter what. Love ya!

God bless,
Shanna

annette07 said...

Megan,

Since I have known you I have been impressed with what you do. I am awed in your dedication to your performing. I do agree with what Shanna has said. Some day we will be sitting in the audience listening to your songs.
Carry ON sister!!

God bless,

Annette

Tina said...

I love how you are so open and honest with us. = ) And I know you'll be able to use your talent for God in the future. You already are now, I can "see" it... Even though we can't really see you! Just from what you write, I can imagine how many people you have touched already. I loved the life philosophy, and have to say ditto to what Shanna & Annette said.

Love ya!
Tina

Trudi Rose said...

Megan, I love that life philosophy!And having grown up performing in front of people, all I have to say is...don't think about it too much while you're doing it. By the time you play it in front of people, you've probably practiced it enough to play it without concentrating too hard on where your fingers should be, etc. Just let the music flow, don't think about the audience, and you'll do wonderful. I never did get over the whole nerves thing...I was pretty much a wreck before every performance... but I learned to put that nervous energy into the performance...which you've probably already learned to do in your theater experiences. I think that's really cool that you write your own music...I always wished that I could do that.

God bless,
Trudi Rose