Monday, February 4, 2008

A memory..Who I Am Today...

* a picture of grandma and grandpa and all the grand and great-grand children with the excepption of Jason,Jeremy and my brother Chris who are all absent.*



Back row~~Michael,Joseph,David,me, Grandpa
Middle row~~ Jonathan,Sara *holding her son Jayce but you can't see him*Grandma, Julie (David's wife) Rachel, Steven
Front row~~ Ashlyn,Caleb,Hannah*Micheal's kids* Nichole, and Austin.



Here in a couple months I will be graduating from high school. I can't believe it. Last night I was going through pictures looking for pix for my friend Logan. He is turning 21 and wanted to know how many I have of him, because he is making a slide show for his birthday.He was over here constantly through out all of school and knew I had tons of pictures of him here for Rae's birthday parties, and just general shots of him hanging out with us. While looking through the many pictures we have in drawers,albulms, and every where else, I found quite a few of myself. I couldn't believe how many photos my parents had of me growing up. They had everything from when I was first born,to the embarrassing baby pix,school years,every vacation we went on, birthday parties,holidays,etc. I realized how bless I have been growing up. Our family has had their rough times like any body but I was always well loved. I wish I had a scanner to put some of them up. I found pictures of my sister trying to feed me pudding, me in one of my mom's formal dresses when I was about 9, me on a swing and hanging up side down, me and my crazy hair I always had on Chrismtas morning and so on. I sat and talked to Sara on the phone telling her about the Logan pictues I found and for awhile I would sit there saying,"Me and Rachel when we were little....Branson picture...picture of me,Rach, and Chris.... A picture of Jim Stafford..... a school picture.... a Silver Dollar City picture... us with our grandparents,...Ohh look!A pictured from Legeneds...Wait..How come it seemes like I'm finding almost nothing but Branson pictures?" I started laughing and said,"Dang! I've got alot!" Mom and dad asked "alot of what?" and I told them and they just looked at me and said, "Yeah..And?" It was pretty funny.

For the longest time I was the youngest out of dad's whole family.Alright...I admitt it. As the youngest I got spoiled.lol. Everyone looked out for Megan. I was the cutest and I knew it. haha! When my cousins Michael had kids I was about 9 or so. I made sure everyone knew I was still the youngest grandchild.Now there was just great-grand children.Then my Aunt Linda had a boy..Still the youngest girl.Then she had a girl.My reign was over.Oh well.haha. I was looking at pictures of my and my cousins. Those were the days.When we found the funnest places to hide eggs. In the mailbox, in a tree,burried in grandma's garden, in a car tail pipe....It got fun. It was always boys against girls and the boys would stuff the mailbox so full that all teh eggs came crashing on top of us when we opened up the lid.(My grandparents mailbox is mounted up high on the side of the house.) When we would play uno and decide who gets all the draw 4 cards.One time we got Joseph so bad! He had to draw about 30 some cards....At once! Gotta love house rules... :-) Ha!

Looking back my family truly did make me who I am today.Now I have my cousin David in Chicago, Joseph in Michagin, etc. Thanksgiving was not the same missing so many people and my grandparents. When we found out Grandma had cancer it hit the family so hard. When I found out I just wanted to curl up and sleep till it was over.Been over a year now.*sigh*

Growing up I was very blessed...Well I need to skedattle...Later!
Always,
Meg Renee

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hey! Its fun looking through lots of old pictures. So many memories can come to mind from just one frozen moment in time. :D And I know how it is being the youngest/only girl. Haha. In my case, I'm STILL the only, only... Not just only girl. At least of the relatives in this state! lol. I have younger/older cousins in MO and TX. But none in OK! lol.
I also sort of know how you felt about your grandmother. Just this morning [after we talked on AIM] I found out my great grandma had to be put back in the hospital for an extremely high blood pressure and liquid on her lungs. She's been hospitalized numerous times, and hates it. She's a cranky old lady. So.. I'll probably go visit sometime later today..
Growing up is one big experience, isn't it? And.. my reply is turning into a novel. I think I'll stop here. haha.
Love ya!

Tina

P.S. Oh, and hope you feel better now! :D

annette07 said...

My youngest sister used to question Mom and Dad why there were more pictures of me than her. Dad teased that the oldest generally gets more and they get tired toward the end. ha My sister would always laugh. We love going through the old pictures because everyone has good memories or you just make fun of what everyone was wearing.
Have fun and PROM will ROCK!!!! I am so happy you finally made your decision on your 'date'. We want pictures and more stories.

God bless and love,
Annette