Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Salsa,Swing,Showcase,& Seuss!

Alrighty!This past week was great! On Friday I had Seussical rehearsal and the turn right back around had it again broght and early Saturday morning.I had rehearsal from 9-noon then from 1-3:30 we had an extra practice for Salsa for showcase and then from 7-11 we had a fund raiser for our inprov team to go to nationals in July.It was a swing dance.lol! So needless to say I was exhausted come Saturday night. But I will back up and give you details! :)

I rode down with Sara to rehearsal casue I did not feel like driving alone.Of course Michael was at reharsal and talked to me quite a bit.One time I walked by him in the green room and he had laid down on the floor and 2 girls he was talking to ended up using him as pillow. I stopped and gave him a look of,"Uh-huh.Nice." and he got all embarrassed,"It's not my fault I sware!I laid down and they decided I'd make a good pillow.Their idea.Not mine!" I had to laugh and sat down to chat.
Saturday rehearsal, Michael was workoking so I didn't get to talk to him.My friend Miriah was going to the salsa rehearsal and the dance so I got it worked out where I spend the day with her.So after stopping for some lunch at Wendys' we headed over to the church where we were holding practice. We originally had 4 dances but Toy finally said"Alright.We'll cut it down to 3." So we had a lot of re-choregraphing to do to re-work new poeple into the dances. After we were finished my feet hurt so bad.My whole body was sore. We went to Miriah's house to relax before getting all dolled up for the dance.
We got there shortly after 7.As soon as I sat my stuff down there Michael was telling me he was glad I made it and that he wasn't sure if I would casue of the drive from my house in St.Jo to the studio in Gladstone. I told him how I spent all day with Miriah and he laughed."Nice!Atleast it worked out for ya." The dance was so much fun.We had a 30 min lesson or so on how to do the Charleston.A type of swing dancing you can do on your own,with a partner or as a group. If you can get a large group of people who are really good it looks so cool! So after doing that I thought I was done dancing for the night.Haha. Not so. I ended up getting up there doing the charleston with friends for several more dances.Towards the end of the night I was sittign at a table with Dani and Rachel.(Rachel is a former CYTer was was visiting for the night.) Michael walked by me twice and gave me this look of he really wanted to talked to me but didn't want to do it infront of Dani cause well..She's his ex. I got the feeling Danielle saw the look too.It got that awkward silence for a few moments I made my exit stage right to go check my phone to see if my sister had called.As soon as I sat down at the table where my purse was and checked my phone Michael came over and held out his hand,"Care to dance?" I gladly accepted. We danced for 2 songs. I know how to swing dance but not that well.Michael taught me some new things I didn't know. My smile was probably a mile wide.:D lol!The rest of the night quickly pasted.Fuul of dancing,talking to friends,teh swing dance competition etc. I didn't enter the competition. I went over for some punch and one of the moms asked me how come I wasn't out there practicing before the dancing started. I told her I didn't have a partner.She said,"I don't know why.You and Michael looked good out there.You two were really tearing it up." The comment was very akward.For one reason.She was Dani's mom. Like I said.Akward. At the end of the night I went up to Michael and told him my dad would be there shortly to pick me up and I was wondering if I could dance with him one more time before I had to leave. He smiled and and took my hand to exscort me to the floor. It was such a wonderful night.

Monday was showcase for CYT classes.

Here are videos from it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doTSOeVdIVU Our first dance. Towards the end I started to get lost*face turns red* and the floor was slick.Heh heh.As you'll see at the end I hit the ground.oops. But was un harmed exceppt my knee and elbow which slammed into the ground.That hurt. Featuring Reid and Bekka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fyuSiTM5OQ
Our Second dance featuring Sam and Brooke.This was a fun one.Just watch and you'll see! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYq06PZGAR4 Our third dance & final salsa dance.We free styled it.This dance was just for fun and we had fun doing it.Featuring our teacher Toy and Rebecca.

LOVE YOU ALL!
Always.
Meg Renee

2 comments:

Trudi Rose said...

Sounds like you've been keeping very busy!!! Wish that I could come see you're play, but things are really busy right now...I'm sure it will be great though!

Hope that you're managing to stay warm! Love ya!

~Trudi Rose

Unknown said...

Meg! Those were AWESOME!