Sunday, March 30, 2008

Branson!

This weekend was amazing!It was a "perfectly planned weekend."It turned out quite different than we expected but it was well worth it.:)
Thursday we left as soon as I got home from piano lessons.We got in around 10 p.m.Friday morning we got up and went to Silver Dollar City for the the beginning of Young Christians weekend.It was cold and damp and we didn't stay quite as long as we thought we would.However while I was there,I was able to surprise a friend of mine.She works in the kids ride part.That day she was working the balloon ride.I sneaked behind her and scared her.It was great.She knew I was coming down,but she thought it wouldn't be until April.She was going on break just as I showed up.So the timing was perfect.lol!
Saturday morning we woke up to cold weather and lots of rain.Yick.We decided to wait around for a lil bit and wait and see if it lightens up.In the mean time we wandered down to the breakfast room.On the way there I saw a familiar face that made me do a double-take.Yup.Sure enough it was Anthony N. from CYT. I said,"Hey!ANTHONY!" He nearly jumped outta his skin.Ha! HE did a double take as well."Whoa!Hey!" He was there with his youth group for Young Christians weekend at SDC as well. I asked him if his sister,Bri, was around.He said she was probably still in bed.I told him to say hey for me in case I didn't get a chance to. A few minuets later Brianna entered into the breakfast room. I was able to give her a hug and talk to her before heading back to the room. It was a real treat to see CYters in Branson.That is actually the second time to happen to me.:) We ended up not spending any time at SDC cause of how cold it was and none of us had the right clothes for that type of weather.So we went to the IMAX theatre to see College Road Trip and did some shopping.Pretty much killing time before the Haygoods show that night.
The show was amazing as expected.Rae and I was able to talk to all the guys and Cat after the show.Except Tim.But I will catch him later once he is back in the show. ;) I don't wanna say too much,cause I do not want to spoil the fun for those of you who have not yet gone. But after the show was fun! I had fun trying to get good pictures.haha.Cause I wanted my sis and me in all the pictures.First up was Pat, and finally Mike saw us trying to figure a good angle so he took the camera and took the pictured for us.Patrick was trying to tell Mike how to do it and to make sure he was doing it right.It was funny.They are defiantly siblings! hehe! When I talked to Mike I told him how much I loved 'Danny Boy.' and was really glad they put the Irish back in.I told him about the Irish book my piano teacher got for me and how I was working on Wild Rover for recital.Right then and there Mike burst into the chorus of Wild Rover. :)That was priceless. I was also able to ask Matt some bass questions. It was fun talking to all of them. It was a great weekend.I'm sad to be home.*whimper whimper.* Love you all!

"Wait till you get better then pick up 5 string.Once you get that down than you can really dig into it." -Matthew Christian Haygood

Always,
Megan Renee

5 comments:

Trudi Rose said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!!! I'm jealous...I'm trying to find a way down there sometime this summer. Glad you didn't let the rain get you down!

~Trudi

lillizajane88 said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun this weekend. Great review!!!! I hope to see you sometime this year.

Liza

Tina said...

Wow! That sounded like an awesome trip!!! I'm kinda jealous. :D haha. And I wish I could have watched you go through the autograph line... That sounded funny, first with the camera then with Mike breaking out into song.
& the Matt quote made me smile. :)
<3 ya!
Tina

JTo said...

Well, you had a good time.
I think we need to go together sometime.
Fa sho.
Love.

annette07 said...

Sounds like so much FUN!! Wish I would have been there.