Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Journey

Hey Everyone.I thought it was time to write out more about what is going on with me.

This is all stuff that is going in the book....Welcome to 'The Journey~Walking Down Life's Road.'

Life goes on whether we want it to or not.Sadly,none of us can stop time and take our sweet time to heal,or go back and fix what we have botched up.I have my list of things I would like nothing better than to go back and redo it all over again.We all do.Probably one thing I would do all over again comes from 2 years ago....

Setting-freshamn in highschool and active in as much of the extra homeschool things as possible. Well noone wanted to coach the volleyball team that year so my mom took over it wanting the girls to have the chance to still play and be able to do games with smaller school like we do every year.However my mom has had no coaching experiance.We did alright our first year.Fastforward to the next year year.I'm a sophmore and my sister is a senior.My friend,"Alicia" and my sister started talking about how they were the only two seniors on the team that year so far so they were going to be captins together. However enters "Jamie" and mom saw her as being a better choice.Problem starts shortly after that.....

Well that year things fell apart horribly!Jamie had bounced back and forth between homeschool and private school and with my sister being coach's daughter and the other girl not being around recently, several people thought my mom's decision for that was totally unfair. My mom based it on who she honestly thought would be responsible. Well tension started building and some of the teammates hated how my sister was handling being captain. That year we did very poorly.JV won 3 games out of 10 or so and Varsity won 2 out 13.I know alot of people blamed my mom and when she tried to have others come in to help who were experianced players they griped about how hard they were working or didn't like the ladies helping mom.So that added to the growing pile of hurtful feelings. 2 weeks before the season was officaily over we went to a homeschool tournament in Springfield,MO. We did pretty well at first but as people tried to over do it and be center of attention, tension started once again....It ended badly.

On the tournament trip we had one other mom with us to help do the driving because not all the girls would fit into our van.(it happened to be "alicia's"....)

We were on the main street of Springfield(can't think of the name) and we were at a stoplight and the girls get out and did a chinese fire drill.Ok..Whatever. Well they did it again and my parents were scared one of the girls were going to get hit because of the street we were on.Dad yelled out his window for them not to do it again.Guess what...they did again.I don't remember how many times total they did it but I know it was several. My dad pulled off into a parking lot and got out of the van.At that moment my sister and I looked at each other and go,"Uh-oh..Oh no!" He had switched to milatary mode. Which was scary. The other van pulled in behind us and dad marched up to the window and started in right away asking the other woman what she was thinking to let the girls do that on such a busy street.Rae Jay and I sunk into our seats as we watched the conversation take place...Dad would never physically harm anyone out of anger but when he had that "Milatary Trained Face" it makes you sink in your seat. Point blank.

Also the fact they had left us out of it and not asked my parents (who technically held the permission slips that said a girl gets hurt its their responsibility to take care of it) that added to the fire.One of the girls who was in the van with us told my parents later they were told not to say a word to us,and two other girls confirmed that. After mom heard that she thought she seriously needed to deal with what was going on to teach the girls a lesson about acting responsible and acting like a team.

Some of the parents thought mom was doing cruel and unusal punishment for trying to take care of the problem.She was talking about benching some of the people for not listening to her."Playing is a privalge." Parents didn't like that....From that things got completely out of hand and blew up worse than any volcano in the world.The whole season and what was remaining was completely and thoroughly ruined.After that I dropped out of nearly every homeschool acivity exceppt a few classes I was too interested in to pass up.Such as writing and acting.But when I found out how many volleyball team mates were in those classes I nearly dropped them. Soon I was totally out of anything dealy with the Saint Joe homeschool co-op.

Well this Saturday oddly enough I hung out with Alicia.We went and had a great time at the local symphony and talked for 2 hours afterward.

What happened 2 years ago was brought up.God has done an amazing thing.As we talked I realized how much more had happened on the sides that I never even realized and probably never would of being the coaches daughter.I admitt...I did not want to listen to anyone else's side.My family was in the right they were in the wrong.End of story.Now I realize that there was mistakes made all around.Including on my part. That event forever changed my friendship with everyone on that varisity team.

It broke my heart that I lost so many friends in a blink of an eye.God showed me the power of forgiveness. Up untill recently I wouldn't go near anyone related to that painful time.

When we step back and say OK God.What do you want from me? How can I be used in this?Even with all the ugliness of everything God can use anything for good.The Bible says we are to be at peace with one another and it mentions many,many times about letting God be God.If God repeats himself it must be pretty important huh?When a teacher repeats themself you know you better take note.Same thing with God.He wants to teach us before we make the mistake and save us the heartache.Ephesians 4:3 clearly states this."Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." In other words when we fight agasint what God wants for us we are fighting with the Holy Spirit. It's better to be at peace with God and let Him show you the way.I see now how God turned something bad into something wonderful.Cause of the homeschool fall out I looked into alternative acitivies.Enter CYT. God has worked with me so much through that program and I have met so many people who have deeply enriched my life.

Last night at Bible Study I gave the devotion and used this story.It was alot longer and alot more scriptures but for this post I shorten it.:) haha.

So this one part of my book.Read and enjoy! Feed back would be absolutely wonderful!

~Megan Renee

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, of course I love it!!!

"In all things God works for the good of those who love Him."

You are yet, another example.

I'm also loving that you are my friend!!

-N said...

Meg, you are such an insperation. I love you girly!!!!

Jason Hunt said...

Hey, Megan! This looks like a great start to your book! I love learning more about what makes you tick so keep it up!

annette07 said...

Meg,

WOW! I love that at such a 'young' age you are able to be so open about your spiritual side. You are very wise in your observation of life's lessons. Dad would slip into his 'military mode' and EVERYONE would listen. It is funny and amazing to hear how much you respect and care about your parents influences in your life.
Can't wait to read more.

Tina said...

Wow, that was great! And I think the whole book will be even better! I love how you want to use your own experiences to help others. You're doing a great job. Keep it up, and keep listening to God when he talks to you!
Tina

orbitgirlxoxo said...

Hey look! Here I am! Glad we can keep up over here, too! I admit, I kind of skimmed your blog because it was long, but I am on my way to read it now!

-Tori

Kim said...

Wow, Meg, that was an amazing story and a great one to have in your book. It just reminded me that God can see the big picture that we can't and you never know what He may have in store. And I'm sure it makes Him smile when you can see it too. And I just want to say I feel blessed to have you as a friend!

whisper said...

Wow that was really good. i felt like I was reading one of my Chicken Soup Of the Soul books lol, I love stories like that.
You are a really good writer. :)